Saturday, December 3, 2011

glimpses from childhood


Elevator in my apartment building- It barely fits four people if they squeeze shoulder to shoulder. One can touch the doors of each floor as it rides by. As children we got stuck half way between floors. Our downstairs neighbor pulled us through a small opening from the lower level.


Pavement- My sister and I walked hand-in-hand to grandmother’s house through these streets when I was two or three. I remember watching the cracks. 


Light festival- As children we walked with wooden sticks that held paper lanterns which enclosed a candle. (Currently from a parent perspective, this does not sound like a very smart idea.) But as children I remember the magic of holding that light. Miraculously it never caught on fire.



No comments:

Post a Comment